Wow, it's been a big week for Lawson! Dave sent me a text message yesterday at work saying that Lawson had a tooth coming in and that he could feel it. I thought that maybe he could just feel it under the gums, but when I got home I realized it was already emerging! We can actually see it and feel it! I was shocked! Although it kinda makes sense now because Dave said he had been fussier than usual the past couple of days. I've been giving him Tylenol, but he seems to be doing ok for the most part - just drooling a little more and especially when he's sleeping.
Speaking of sleeping, he's moving around a LOT in his bed now as he tries to get into a comfortable sleeping position. (We had to give up the sleep positioner because he just moves out of it.) I put him on his back, but he immediately flips to his side or stomach. This makes me so nervous because he tends to bury his head into the mattress! He only stays that way for a minute or so, but I usually wind up watching him until he gets himself in a safer position.


So much is happening up here in our little apartment; we'll never forget good ol' #1203!
7 comments:
I know how much you worry about him sleeping. Both of my girls were tummy sleepers from the get go and still are. My pediatrician told me that by the 4th month babies were developed enough to sleep on their tummies without much problem. Of course, I still went in and checked on them every little bit. And babies know how they sleep best...always go with your gut.
Hope work and all is well! Have a great Halloween!
Livi is a tummy sleeper too. A habit she started in the NICU. It made me really nervous at first but I became more at ease with it after a few weeks and after having other moms tell me they had tummy sleepers too.
Since she has become mobile she crawls into the corners of her crib and sleeps with her head up against the crib bumper. And she always has her little bottom stuck up in the air as high as possible.
You'll be finding him sleeping in some funny positions over the next couple of months :o) Aren't the adventures of parenting fun?
Ohhh and Yeah about the tooth! Teething is so tough on everyone.
thanks for the info on the tummy sleeping. that makes me feel better! (even though, of course, my mom already said the same thing!)
Now to back up your mother - you know when yall were little the doctors told us to make sure you slept on your stomach and not your back. So don't worry - all of yall did fine. I can not believe Lawson has a tooth. He just shouldn't be old enough to have a tooth. It sounds like he made it throught the first one without much trouble so maybe that is a sign that you will be lucky on the rest of them. I love the Big Buns stories. Got to be something about the place. HA. Take care
Diddo on the tummy sleeping; some doctors not too happy with me, but that's the ONLY way my Livi will sleep. And other doctors said similar things as the other comments here. Oh, something else we used for Ava & teething was "Homeopathic Teething Tablets"; you can search it online, but they are pretty easy to find in drugstores/groceries etc. And of course we love that they are homeopathic!
Yea, a tooth!!! Want to see a picture when it becomes more visible. Hey, that sleeper looks familiar!!
Post a Comment