Overall, things with work are going pretty well. The client is really great. It's a nice break from the union shops I'm used to in NYC. Dave and I are still trying to get our routine down, especially in the morning, but we're getting there. (Life with a baby requires so much organization!) I usually get home about 6:00pm and take over until Lawson goes to bed around 8:00 or so. I try to do more work after he's asleep, but it's so hard because Dave and I are usually so tired. I'm so glad we're able to be together all the time; it has made all the difference. We're having fun on our little adventure in Washington. I really appreciated a phone call I got last week from our 2nd in command at Stockamp who called to see how things were going since my return to work and said he wanted me to feel free to ask for anything that would help make this transition time easier. When I repeated this to Dave all teary-eyed with appreciation, Dave says, "You should ask for a plasma television." Men!! : )
3 comments:
Wow, that's great; you must be so valuable to your company. Very inspiring to see you make it all work - babies & work!
Well, I think it mostly has to do w/ the fact that out of 250 employees who travel every week, I'm the ONLY woman with a child! :)
I'm happy to hear that things are going well. I know you are thrilled to have Dave & Lawson with you!
Post a Comment