Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Man about town

Lawson and I spend a LOT of time walking around our neighborhood. He likes it outside. So do I, so that works out great. There is a park just a block from our building that is always the starting point (and usually the ending point) of our walks. Sometimes, it is the only point. It is a nice little park with a circle of grass in the middle. Because of this, I now call it the "Circle Park." Clever, huh? It is usually occupied by business folk, students and other moms or nannies watching babies. My mother, Lawson and I met a nanny from Bulgaria yesterday. To remind us that we are in an urban area, we are often treated to a show by one of the local homeless persons yelling at no one in particular. I try to think of it as performance art. If you gave those guys a bluetooth headset and a shirt and tie, people would think they were high powered lobbyists or something the way they carry on.

Across the street from our favorite park, right outside the bagel shop

Inside the bagel shop, watching dad eat breakfast and read the paper

A little patio adjoining the park -- on Fridays there is a wormy guy that plays the guitar and sings. His guitar playing is better than his singing. He should stick to instrumentals. Lawson is smiling because he is on break.

In the circle park, the leaves are starting to change. Our building is in the background, behind the trees, in the right third of the shot. The building on the far right is the headquarters of the National Science Foundation.
Lawson wanted to sit on the bench like a big boy. Well, I wanted him to sit on the bench like a big boy so I could get a picture. This lasted about 5 seconds before his wiggling almost ejected him from the bench. Confinement is the key.


4 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Lawson is getting so big and mobile!! You know it won't be long before he demands to get out of the carseat/stroller!

Kim Lawson said...

Give us an update on his sleeping and eating. We know about his poop already!! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Tell Ellen that I see her in Lawson's face when I looked at the picture of him in the stroller, looking sideways, holding his foot.

Mizerany Family said...

He is beginning to look like a toddler in the one of him sitting on the bench. They grow up so quickly!