Monday, March 3, 2008

Rub-a-dub-dub, Four Lawsons in a Tub!

Hi there - it's Courtney. It's been a big week for us! We took Lawson's 9 month pictures last Saturday, visited on Sunday in Alex City with Dave's parents, his brother Ken, Ken's wife Shawna, and their 3 month old, Steven, who were up from Orlando, but then I had to return back to DC for work. I've not seen Lawson in over a week! Flying out Monday morning was hard; I seriously almost got a cocktail at 10:00 o'clock in the morning! I kept it together though, and as you more experienced moms know, I got through it and realized having a little "alone" time wasn't so bad after all! I'm ready to see my little man though (and Dave too!)

This week Lawson split his time between Grandmother & Grandfather Long's and MeMe & Pops house. Dave, his dad, and some buddies worked on the pier at his family cabin making it more child friendly (thank-you!) while Lawson was at Mom & Dad's. I'm sure you'll see pictures of the pier soon! (Dave is a great Mr. Mom, but he does love his power tools!) Anyway, the point of this entry is to say that when I left Lawson last week, he was cutting his SIXTH tooth and had taken a couple of very timid steps by himself. Now I hear he's confidently taking 2-3 steps at a time! He wrapped up his last night in Alabama in the tub with his cousins - priceless!! (They are going to be visiting in 2 weeks in DC - we can't wait!!) Please pray that Dave & Lawson make the trip up to DC safely tomorrow!

Is Lawson waving?? That's new??

1 comment:

hicksfamilycircus said...

Too cute. I love that Lawson looks like he is waving. Such photogenic children. See you soon at Granny's.