Even though he's been sick, he's been in a pretty decent mood. We played out in the yard both Saturday and today for about 3-4 hours. Today he got in his is little pool, and he had a great time. Today he woke up from his nap around 5:00. I went to get him up, and he said, "Mommy, I still sleepy," and he layed back down on his belly. I said, "Do you want me to come back later?" He said, "Ok, Mommy." Too cute. He slept for about 15 more minutes.
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Sick, Sick
I've had two sick boys this weekend. Dave took Lawson to the doctor about a week or so ago for a bad sore throat; they said it wasn't strep, but just a really bad crud. When green snot and even eye snot set in a few days ago, I figured it was just the same cold working it's way out. He's developed a mild rash though, so I think I'm going to take him the doctor tomorrow. I'm not sure if you can see it on his face in the picture below.
Even though he's been sick, he's been in a pretty decent mood. We played out in the yard both Saturday and today for about 3-4 hours. Today he got in his is little pool, and he had a great time. Today he woke up from his nap around 5:00. I went to get him up, and he said, "Mommy, I still sleepy," and he layed back down on his belly. I said, "Do you want me to come back later?" He said, "Ok, Mommy." Too cute. He slept for about 15 more minutes.
Now Dave, on the other hand, has been down for the count. He has literally been in the bed for the past 2.5 days. He went to an Urgent Clinic on Saturday, and they said he didn't have strep, but some type of bacterial infection. They gave him some meds, but Dave says he just aches all over and feels exhausted just walking up the stairs. I think he's a little better today, but he goes back to the doctor on Tuesday. I hope he's well soon; managing the cooking (who am I kidding) by myself has been interesting! So far, I cooked some bacon for Lawson - which he actually ate - and, today I cooked the potatoes and meat for Shepard's Pie, but when I couldn't figure out to use the mixer, I had to call for Dave. You can see the final product below. (Of course, Lawson wouldn't touch the casserole; he ate cereal instead.) He had a lot of fun playing in the kitchen today though.
Even though he's been sick, he's been in a pretty decent mood. We played out in the yard both Saturday and today for about 3-4 hours. Today he got in his is little pool, and he had a great time. Today he woke up from his nap around 5:00. I went to get him up, and he said, "Mommy, I still sleepy," and he layed back down on his belly. I said, "Do you want me to come back later?" He said, "Ok, Mommy." Too cute. He slept for about 15 more minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hate to hear about the sicknesses!! Hope everyone is better soon!
Aw Courtney. Sorry about the sick guys in the house. Hope you get better at working the mixer! hehehe :)
Nothing is worse than a sick husband...I hope they are both well soon!
We love that recipe here too!! Hope everyone feels better soon!! It is very hard being the only one well enough to care for a sick household. Hopefully you will not get it too!!
Post a Comment