Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lawson's 2nd Birthday Party!

We had a great time celebrating Lawson's 2nd birthday on Saturday! The kids played in the backyard with a bounce house, sandbox, and water table - oh, and the big slide too. We managed through a few sprinkles until just after blowing out the candles on the choo-choo birthday cake. We all retreated to the garage until it subsided and then went back out.

My mom made homemade lasagna and spaghetti casserole (Lawson's favorites!), and it was awesome! (Thank you so much for all your help!) We also had birthday cake and the famous Long Family pound cake that Dave made. You may remember from last year that Law broke out in hives from his cake, so he didn't get any cake this year - BUT he did get to have ice cream! We rarely have ice cream, so he was very happy and kept saying, "ummm, goood!"

Thanks so much to everyone for coming - it made our first celebration at our new home so special!!






12 comments:

Celebration Longs said...

Looks like Lawson had a fun party!!! Wish we could have joined you all!!! Happy Birthday Lawson!

Celebration Longs said...

Oh...Love how his outfit matched the cake, invitations, and theme. Too cute!!!

Mizerany Family said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Lawson!

The Cannons said...

Happy 2nd B-Day,Lawson! He's just so handsome. Really makes me think back to when my boys were this little.

Jill said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Law-Man!! I can't believe he is already 2.

Lisa said...

What a fun party! Looks like a great time!

hicksfamilycircus said...

We really had a great time. Thanks for the invite. Hope to see you soon. Love you.

Peyton D James said...

Lily Grace says "Happy 2nd Birthday Lawson!! Glad you had a great time at your party. Love you and miss you!"

kimberly t. bowling said...

Court....looks like the party was a big hit! And Lawson looks so precious in his train outfit! Love it and that big smile he had on his face! Priceless.

Garvey said...

What is that kind of outfit called that Lawson is wearing? I don't have a male child, so I don't know these things. A jumpsuit?

Just curious. (And I don't want to get made fun of by my wife when I misspeak on such things.)

Dave Long said...

Actually, Jon, it is called a "Jon Jon" outfit (my wife just told me.) Supposedly named for JFK Jr. after he popularized the look back in the day.

Garvey said...

Really? That's funny. OK, now I know the lingo. You'd be surprised how often I get made fun of by wife and daughter regarding this stuff, and colors ("that's not 'light purple,' it's lavendar!"), and...well, lots of stuff...