Thursday, May 7, 2009

Officially Two Years Old!

It was 2 years ago today my baby boy was born! Oh, how he's changed! I can remember being so sad as he was growing out of that teeny little baby stage, but I just love him more and more each day and want to just eat him up! I love his little personality and love as he is learning new things everyday. Recently he's taken to saying "I so sowrry, I so sowrry" when he has a boo-boo. We think this is because this is what we always say when he gets hurt. It's so precious. Similarly, when he wants us to pick him up, he says, "I cawrry eeww! I cawrry eeww!"

He's into singing right now; he loves to sing along to the theme songs his favorite cartoons - Little Einsteins (or "Rocket," as he calls it), Wonder Pets, and Blues Clues. He generally only catches about every 3 words or so, but he gets such a thrill out of it! We read to him at naptime and bedtime each day, and one of his favorite books is "The Little Drummer Boy" we got him for his 1st Christmas. The other day, I was changing his crib sheet and he was on the floor with that book in his lap going... "ba ba dada - rum ba ba bum" (flip the page) "ba dada - rum ba ba bum."

He's learned so much in the past 2-3 months. He knows his colors, basic shapes, ABCs, and can count from 1-11. Not sure why to just 11. I honestly just heard him count to eleven by himself one day. I never taught him this?? Either Dave or that Einstein show is pretty good! I actually didn't spend time really drilling him on anything. I just began pointing out letters one day, and he just sort of picked it up. (Same with the other stuff.) After I realized he knew his letters, I bought those letter cards for the playroom to encourage him.

Regarding his sleep, he finally got into a good pattern soon after we moved into the new house and had some stability. (Imagine that.) He's sleeping through the night now (most of the time) and (knock on wood.) He's not a great eater though, and I think he's little underweight as a result. The allergy doctor said he was 26lbs earlier this week (the average is about 28lbs.) He won't touch hamburgers, chicken fingers, or really any other meat. Strangely enough, however, he really likes pepperoni and deer sausage. He eats some vegetables well, and eats fruit well too. We're trying Carnation instant breakfast right now, and I'm going to ask the doctor tomorrow (2 yr check-up) about protein powder. My boy needs a little meat on his bones!

Also, I think he's beginning to have those "terrible two" moments! He's really into saying that something is "Mine!" quite forcefully lately. But what's so funny is that is usually followed with a round of "dat's YOURS, dat's Mommy's, dat's Da'ies, and then back to, dat's Mine!" He's also taken to public tantrums. He scooted across the floor on his back for several yards at Mazer's the other day and screaming the whole time bc I wouldn't let him put a HUGE gumball in his mouth. I just kept checking out and watched from afar to make sure he was ok.

Generally, though, he's a wonderful little boy, and the JOY of my life. I adore him and thank God for him. My favorite moment is when we say his bedtime prayers together. God is so good.

Happy Birthday, Little Man!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time does fly. Happy Birthday Lawson!

Mizerany Family said...

Happy Birthday Lawson - two already!