Friday, May 22, 2009

Embarrassing, but True

Today Lawson was just not about eating lunch. Everything I put in front of him, he would push aside and say "No!" He was sliding down in his high chair and even shed a few tears. I decided we would take a break from lunch and play for a while. After Law calmed down, I told him we were going to play doggie. I put his plate down on the floor thinking Lawson might get a kick out of sitting on the floor to eat. Well, he really got into the game and took the food off his plate and onto the floor! Then, he proceeded to get down on all fours and literally eat off our kitchen floor. I was a little conflicted about allowing this to happen.... but the child ate the whole serving of meat (deer sausage; one of the only meats he'll eat) and asked for 3 more!! He thought the game was GREAT! He kept stopping after each bite to say, "Good doggie!" Then, he started calling himself, "Simba," the dog that lives next door. So cute.

3 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

That is too funny! And look you put the plate right next to the door similar to where a dog's bowl would be placed!

ms sue said...

Whatever works!! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Mizerany Family said...

We'll have to try that....Bennett has been boycotting meals too!