Friday, September 12, 2008

Thanks, Dolly Parton!

Lawson was SUCH a good boy today while Mommy worked from home! Daddy had a doctor's appt at 10:30, so it was just me and him for about an hour and 1/2. Lawson has really taken to "reading" his books, and I bet he walked into his room at least 3 different times today. I could hear him down the hall reading to himself! It was SO precious! He just talked and talked as he turned the pages. You can see I surprised him with the camera and then he started hamming it up! We're thankful to Dolly because, well, she sends Lawson books. To tell the truth, she actually sponsors a program for less fortunate children to ensure they have books at home by sending them books in the mail. Considering mommy works 70 hours/week, I don't think we fall in that category, but the Literacy Council is right beside our loft building and they had us signed up before we knew it. Three of Lawson's favorite books came from Dolly, the Easter book below (I guess as long as Dolly's paying for it, she can throw in some Jesus on those less fortunate kids too!), Lull-a-bye Little One, and Corduroy Goes to the Doctor (which was an early love of Lawson's and it literally fell apart!)

By the way, notice the CARPET in the pictures?? We had it installed this past week in hopes of providing some additional soundproofing. It has helped, and I was pleasantly surprised at how cozy it feels! I'm really enjoying it, especially when I'm playing with Lawson in his room! Next up is installing a 2nd bathroom in preparation for putting the loft on the market!

While I'm at it, I'll tell you Lawson has learned a couple new words this week. He's saying "Stop" and "Eye." I'm trying to get him to point to his eyes, which he does sometimes, but he sometimes points to his mouth instead. Close enough. I didn't achieve my goal on the video below, but it's funny of him "reading." Lawson is also loving the "this piggy went to market" toes game! Mom got him hooked on it at the beach. When she would quit, Lawson would pull her hand down to his toes encouraging her to do it more. They played that game over and over!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Court....maybe if y'all are ever at Dollywood, and happen upon Ms. Parton....Lawson can ask her "Whash At?". ;)

The Cannons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cannons said...

The boys love the books too. Houston still receives them but Levi is past the age(5)limit.But Levi has began to read some of them to Houston which is so sweet!

The James Family said...

Lily Grace loves to "read" too! It is so funny how her and Lawson are always doing the same things around the same time, I guess because they are only 1 day apart, ya think?! :) It is so funny watching her read. It seriously looks like she is reading it and knows what she is reading. I hope her interest for reading continues for years to come!! Oh and by the way, Lawson looks like he has changed in the past month. He is so precious and a very handsome little man!

Anonymous said...

I have been getting those books for years! Spencer has a whole library of them, and now Addie is working on her's as well, it is a great program! Love catching up on the blog, thanks!