Monday, September 8, 2008

Thank You, Grandmother!

We went to eat Thursday night at Doc's down at the beach, and Lawson was in rare form! He waved and talked to everyone there. He kept turning around and waving to the ladies in the next room and saying "hey... hey... hey" over and over! When someone would get up to leave, he said "bye...bye...bye!" I was most pleased, however, when he told our waitress "thk que" for bringing him french fries. He said it over and over! Lawson learned to say thank-you from his Grandmother Long. He went through a spell a while back where he would put all the tree bark he could find off her back porch into his mouth, and she found that if she put her hand under his mouth he would spit it out for her. When he did so, she would say "thank you." I guess they went through this routine so many times he learned to say thank-you! Although, I think he's slightly confused because he usually says it the most when he hands something to us! Anyway, thanks to Grandmother Long for teaching Lawson such good manners!

No comments: