After church, we had lunch at the club and Lawson had a bottle. Ellen got to feed him for the first time! A few minutes after he took his bottle, I had to excuse myself to change Lawson. Fortunately, Ellen came with me because I realized in the ladies room I left the baby wipes in the church nursery! Ellen was able to help me clean him up with the hand towel / napkins available. (It seems like it's always something!) Later, Dave and his dad went to the driving range for about an hour or so while me and Ellen took Lawson the pool deck. Dave said on the drive home that today was a perfect day. Mission accomplished! Now we're back at home, we've both had a bath, Lawson is asleep, and me and Dave are watching the U.S. Open on Tivo. Ahhhh....
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Dave's First Father's Day!
What a treat - I'm typing this with TWO hands! Usually the only time I have to blog is when I'm feeding Lawson and then I only have one hand available. :) Anyway, we had a nice Father's Day today. We got an early start so we could be at church with Grandmother and Grandfather Long in Alexander City at 11:00am. Fortunately, we got to church just as the choir (Grandmother Long sings in the choir) was beginning. Lawson was quiet for about 10 minutes, but then he got fussy when he needed a diaper change. I took him out to change him (twice while in the nursery!), and I returned to our seats but he didn't last long. This time, I asked Dave to take him because I was burning up! Dave took him and stood at the back of the church for a while and then a side room for a while, and apparently even outside for a while! Needless to say, Dave and Lawson only made it back inside for the closing hymns and prayer. We took several pictures afterward, and you can see below it's a beautiful church! Later in the car Dave said, "I guess it's only fitting that on my first Father's Day I missed the Father's Day sermon because I was outside being a father." Well said. :)
After church, we had lunch at the club and Lawson had a bottle. Ellen got to feed him for the first time! A few minutes after he took his bottle, I had to excuse myself to change Lawson. Fortunately, Ellen came with me because I realized in the ladies room I left the baby wipes in the church nursery! Ellen was able to help me clean him up with the hand towel / napkins available. (It seems like it's always something!) Later, Dave and his dad went to the driving range for about an hour or so while me and Ellen took Lawson the pool deck. Dave said on the drive home that today was a perfect day. Mission accomplished! Now we're back at home, we've both had a bath, Lawson is asleep, and me and Dave are watching the U.S. Open on Tivo. Ahhhh....





After church, we had lunch at the club and Lawson had a bottle. Ellen got to feed him for the first time! A few minutes after he took his bottle, I had to excuse myself to change Lawson. Fortunately, Ellen came with me because I realized in the ladies room I left the baby wipes in the church nursery! Ellen was able to help me clean him up with the hand towel / napkins available. (It seems like it's always something!) Later, Dave and his dad went to the driving range for about an hour or so while me and Ellen took Lawson the pool deck. Dave said on the drive home that today was a perfect day. Mission accomplished! Now we're back at home, we've both had a bath, Lawson is asleep, and me and Dave are watching the U.S. Open on Tivo. Ahhhh....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Court, I've totally been there with your wipes story and in and out of church. At least Dave isn't the preacher!! I am so happy for you guys and it DOES get easier. One day you will even be able to feed AND type with two hands. lol. Love ya! Amanda
Post a Comment