Monday, June 11, 2007

Big Weekend

Lawson had a big weekend! He had his first photo shoot, his first trip to MeMe and Pop's in Berry, his first attendance at church, and met his Great-grandmother Wood!

We started on Saturday with a photo shoot for his "newborn" pictures. Kim has a great photography lighting set-up in her house in Tuscaloosa, so we took the pictures there. Poor Lawson was naked for most of the pictures, and I think we all got peed on before we were done! I think we got some nice shots though, so it was worth it! (Now we just owe Aunt Kim a carpet cleaning!)

We left Kim's around 5:00 and headed for MeMe and Pop's house in Berry (about 1.5 hours NW of Birmingham); when we arrived they were, as usual, out at the swimming pool enjoying the evening. Lawson loved the summer breeze and MeMe's comfy lap; all that, plus the bouncy chair put him right to sleep!

While I was in town, I called my best friend, Andrea, to come over so she could see Lawson. She's here with her own babies, Kilbie and Michael. These two young'ins love the swimming pool; they were in the water in no time!








On Sunday, much to Dave's surprise, we arrived at church BEFORE services started! This was Lawson very first church service, and he was a sweet baby the whole time. I think he loves the singing most; he always used to get very active in my belly while we were singing in church. Trent Mobley led singing, and it was great - lots of favorites! (Trent actually married me and Dave, so we took a snapshot with him and Lawson.) The good Lord has blessed me and Dave more than we could have ever dreamed; we are so grateful! It was wonderful to share worship services with Lawson for the first time. God is so good!


After lunch on Sunday, we took little Lawson to visit his Great-grandmother Wood at the nursing home. She's a spry 88 (I think!) year old; she was tickled to see us and thought Lawson was beautiful. We'll be back to see her again soon!





















Sooo, it was Sunday afternoon and after all the activity and a big lunch, Dave and I were beginning to second-guess driving back to Bham. Although we had to be back in Birmingham for Lawson's 1 month checkup Monday morning at 9:45, we quickly decided we would stay another night in Berry and just get up early enough to make the appointment. It was a cozy evening; we all took naps after church and later Dad rocked the baby while the rest of us watched the Soprano's finale! Lawson sure does love his MeMe and Pops!

No comments: