Saturday morning I wanted to take Lawson on an "adventure" by myself since I don't get a lot of play time with him during the week. We were ready to go and I had Lawson on my hip and the diaper bag on my shoulder when I realized I didn't have my wallet. It was upstairs on the desk in my mini-office. I thought maybe Lawson can go get it for me??
I took him over the stairs and said, "Lawson, go get Mommy's black wallet in her office." He seemed excited to be given this task. He confidently marched up the stairs and then about halfway up he turned around and stuck his hand out and said, "Stay der, Mommy. I get it." A few more steps and then the same thing, hand out and then "Stay der, Mommy!"
So, I stayed "der" and waited to see what would happen. He got to the top the stairs and then took off... into our bedroom. "No, no Lawson - go the other way! Into Mommy's office!" "OK!" He runs the other way. A few seconds later, I hear him running back toward me. "Here you go, Mommy! Here's your wallet!" "No, Lawson. Those are your pajama pants from this morning." Go into the middle room - Mommy's office!" "Ok, Mommy!" He runs off again. He doesn't come back for a while, so I go upstairs. Apparently he forgot about the wallet because he was... rocking very enthusiastically on his rocking horse in his room! Oh, well. I tried.
Our "adventure" was fun. We went to the park down the road from us and threw rocks into the little creek under a footbridge (for a solid hour.) All the local schools were having a cross-country race, so we sat on a bench and watched the race while Lawson got to drink TWO juice boxes! Then we played on the playground until Lawson's hairline was drenched with sweat... time to go! We had a great time. It got even better for Law-man because we went to Chik-fil-A for dinner.
Dave cooked every night this week (including ribs, chicken piccata!), so we went "out to eat." We love Chik-fil-A in Pelham because its very clean, the kids working there are very nice, and the play area is small enough that we can keep a good eye on Lawson BUT it's enclosed with glass so we don't hear all the kids screaming! Lawson played for over an hour before he finally agreed to come out and eat. Then, before we left, I got a cookies n' creme milkshake (seriously, the best anywhere!) Lawson was having a fit to have some, and not surprisingly, he LOVED it. So, on the way home, the three of us took turns sharing a medium milkshake - a classic Saturday night for the Longs. :)
1 comment:
This cracks me up!
Post a Comment