
Anyway, Dave was making me some cheese toast for breakfast while I worked. A few minutes later, I hear Dave telling Lawson (trying to whisper) to go upstairs and give it to Mommy. I can hear Dave coaching him along... don't drop it, hold it straight! Then, I hear, PLOP (obviously my toast is on the floor!) Dave is saying, "it's ok, it's ok. Now don't drop it again." Finally, Lawson makes it into my office and is quite proud when he hands over the cheese toast to me. I thank him profusely and begin to eat a slice of toast. Lawson puts his hands behind his back and twists back and forth for a few seconds and then he proceeds to pick up the other piece and take a few bites and then... sneezes on it. I tell him he can have it. : )Later, I was getting to bed for his nap and sat down to read a few books. He proceeded to sit in the floor and pick up a book. He said, "I read, Mommy!" He opened the book and said, "On-sa puna tim... good-night!" Then, he would turn the page and do the same thing... "On-sa puna tim... good-night!" I have no idea where the "once upon a time" came from; none of the books we read start out that way??
5 comments:
Sweet!!
How precious!
Sweet baby boy!
Perhaps he learned it from MDO...either way, isn't it amazing what they pick up?
What a smart little man....I knew he was probably ready for these Hardy Boys books!!
Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment