Another funny... when we were at the beach a few weeks ago, Lawson got an ear infection. He had been running a low-grade fever and very cranky all morning. Mom and I finally decided we needed to go into town to an Urgent Clinic. However, we realized Dave had Lawson's car seat with him at the golf course that day. We thought of and tried several different ideas to get a car seat, but finally, Lawson was so upset we just decided to take him without the car seat.
So, I put Lawson in the middle backseat of mom's suburban. I put the lap belt around him and tightened it up. We took off (slowly) and after few minutes down the road, he seemed to realize something was different. He started kicking his legs (which barely made it to the end of the seat) and saying, "No caaaar seat! Woooww!!" Then, he started, "John Brady, John Brady!" Almost as if he was thinking, "I can't wait to tell John Brady about this!!"
We made it safely to the clinic, and finally got in to see the doctor. (Poor Lawson cried that earache cry for about an hour in the waiting room. People were offering to let him go ahead of them.) Anyway, we got a prescription, and they gave him a big dose of Motrin before we left. The doctor also handed him little sucker. We had to wait a few minutes out in Mom's car because Dave was finished with golf and met us there with the car seat. Anyway, after we headed home, the Motrin must have kicked in because Lawson was a new man! He was singing, bouncing his legs, and keep showing us his "SUCKER BALL!" I have no idea why he was calling his sucker a sucker ball, but he kept saying it over and over again. It was really funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment