Last year when Lawson started Mom's Day Out, we got him a little lunch box and sent an empty sippy cup along. They provide water, so it wasn't necessary to send a drink. Poor Lawson, all the other kids probably drink their juice boxes and Kool-aid, while he's got lousy water. I know, we're terrible parents! Anyway, things were going fine for a few weeks, but one day I noticed his name had been hastily written on his sippy cup with marker. I let it go because I figured the poor MDO lady was just trying to make sure no one drank out of Lawson's cup. Another week or so goes by, and now, I realize almost all of Lawson's cups has his name written on it. I'm about to get my haunches up when I ask Dave about it. He says, "oh yeah, I did that." Oh. Huh. How 'bout that.
He means well, and he is a WONDERFUL (the best) stay-at-home daddy, but some things he just doesn't get (smocked outfits, Baby Magic lotion, Keds shoes, combed hair, monogramming, etc.)
Sooo... for new school year, I just ordered a pack of labels with Lawson's name!
Dave, put the marker down!! (Love you, honey!)
7 comments:
Love those Bumpy Labels! They make for a great shower gift, too!! I don't use JB3's anymore, but I still have them as a keepsake.
OK those things really are great but try having 3 kids (some of them two at a time) and you won't care about some Sharpie on your sippy cup. You'll be glad you even found one with a matching top!! Love you girl!!
Ok -- first: All the kids at MDO drink water, at least as far as I can tell. Second, I bet one sharpie can do the work of 100 of those little label things. I can't wait to be pulling those things out of the dishwasher filter. Oh well, whatever makes my wife happy :)
You are too cute, Courtney.
I 2nd Kim's suggestion for the Bumpy Bands. I have one on nearly all of Olivia's cups. Makes her cup super easy to locate at playdates, easy on and off and dishwasher safe.
Opps didn't see the picture that you had actualy ordered bumpy bands when I commented the 1st time!
No worries Dave they won't come off in the dishwasher I have been testing that part for over 2 years :)
I'm laughing out loud at Michele....we had NUMEROUS sippy cups and non-matching lids!!! :)
But I totally love the bumpy bands...and the fact he drinks a lot of water is wonderful...to be commended!!
Post a Comment