Born February 10, 2012
3:46pm
6 pounds, 12 ounces
20.5 inches long
"Maybe baby" might be the biggest understatement of my LIFE! As most of you Facebookers probably already know, we went from mild, inconsistent contractions to full-on labor in the time span of about two hours which gave no time for me to get any type of medication whatsoever. I gave birth as "Jane Doe" and questions were asked later! Birth story to come soon...
I must say, now that the labor part is over, the recovery with natural childbirth has been a breeze! It's been a relaxing couple of days in the hospital visiting with family and friends. Of course, I think it helps that we sent Lily-pie to the nursery each night! We didn't even consider that with Lawson! AND...I actually let her have a PACIFIER yesterday! I threw the one they put in Lawson's bassinet in the trash for fear one of the nurses would give it to him! (They say breastfed babies shouldn't use pacifiers so as to avoid "nipple confusion.")
We're going home today, and Lawson can't wait! He's been a great big brother! He loves to hold her and hasn't been phased in the slightest by the nursing. He likes to peak under the burp cloth while I'm nursing her and give her little kisses. I'm looking forward to being home with our new family tonight with a fire in the fireplace!
2 comments:
Beautiful, beautiful baby!! Congratulations!!!
Oh happy happy joy joy....I am so stoked for you and that baby girl!!!! How is home? When can I come get my hands on her and you!!! You totally rock! :)
Post a Comment