Thursday, February 16, 2012

At Home with Lily

So far so good with Lily!  Our first night went well with her sleeping at 3 hour stretches.  In fact, I had to wake her up to eat.  Each night since has been about the same.  She's been sleeping in a swing next to my bed, and this has worked much better for me than the bassinet that Lawson slept in when he was born.  There's really no way for her to roll over, and I can easily see her face at a glance.  We've had help from Mom this week (Mel and Ellen kept Lawson while we were in the hospital), and our Sunday School class has been bringing dinners over every other night.  All of this has been very helpful for our first week!  
Law loves holding his baby sister!

Law helping give Lily her first bath at home




By Tuesday, I was ready to get out of the house,
so Mom and I went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory

Teresa and Haley visited Wednesday night
Isn't Haley just beautiful!

Lily's first bottle!  Lawson was so proud!

3 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Lily reminds me of Abby when she was born. I think it's those kissable, plump cheeks and silky hair.

Joy said...

Kim, she reminds me of abby,too! I keep wondering if her hair might turn blonde like Abby's did since it is that (almost dyed looking)black...just like Abby!

kimberly t. bowling said...

Haley is gorgeous! And Lily is too...I could kiss the computer screen when I see those sweet cheeks!