Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When I Grow Up..

Lawman said to me for the first time tonight..."Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be a Fireman!" 

This came after he told his Daddy he wanted to go upstairs when he gets ready for his bath and put on his red fireman boots (that are 3 sizes too small.)  Law comes down a few minutes later buck naked wearing his fireman boots.  He told me he wanted me to be a fireman, Daddy to be a fireman, and our house could be the fire station!

****Update - - Lawson was playing fireman with his boots again this morning, and then asked if he could wear them (size 8 to his normal 10) to MDO today.  I said yes as Dave looked at me skeptically.  I think Lawson is trying to become a little class clown.  The other day he wore his Santa hat to church (which involves being in Sunday school and then little kids class during church), but he got shy after a couple of people commented to him and he took it off.  The following week he took is microphone so he could sing.  He frequently wants to know if something is funny/makes you laugh or sometimes gets in trouble for saying not so nice words (like booty) and then says, "but MOOOOM, all the kids laugh when I say that!"  This is quite the departure for Lawman because he has usually shunned the spotlight for the past couple of years.  It'll be interesting to see how his little personality develops! 

1 comment:

Joy said...

sweet little man...can MeMe
be be a fireman too?