Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Supper

Lunch wasn't very coordinated today for me and Dave - he decided he was going to eat a sandwich (which usually does not sound good to me these days), so I wasn't sure what I was going to eat.  I remembered the fried okra Mom and Dad brought up to me Friday (YUM!) and decided I would add some butter beans, a Sister Shubert's roll, sweet tea and have a Sunday meal like I was raised on.  And guess what?  I have learned how to make butter beans - and they are good!  They require an hour and half of tending to and I won't tell you how much bacon drippings go into it, but did I say how GOOD they are?? 

5 comments:

Celebration Longs said...

I can tell I am not from the South! What is fried okra and buttered beans? Our Sunday dinners were meat and potatoes! It looks good and I'm proud of your new culinary skills!

Raegan & Caleb said...

Yum. Looks good. And I've learned bacon drippings can make veggies taste much better.

Kim Lawson said...

Just the drippings?? We throw the whole bacon slices in there! :)

kimberly t. bowling said...

Can somebody please get Celebration Longs some fried okra and butter beans? I feel sad for them. Really sad. :) Celebration Longs, fried okra makes even your soul feel good.

Court, the pic looks delish! Makes me giddy with southern delight seeing that glass of sweet tea atop a plate of good ol' veggies.

Joy said...

How did my two boys manage to learn to be such good cooks and somehow my daughter skipped that part of our family life?????