Saturday, January 8, 2011

On his way to see the play!

Dave is going to Auburn's national championship game and was planning to fly out tomorrow morning on Southwest Airlines.  However, we got really nervous about the bad weather that's supposed to hit tomorrow, so we had a hectic morning today trying to reschedule Dave's flight tomorrow morning to today.  After being on the phone with Southwest for over an hour speaking with a representative and then her supervisor, it became apparent leaving on SW today wasn't going to work (let's just say they were not doing all they could to help.)  We then started looking into using my Delta miles to get him on a flight leaving today.  Of course, all the Birmingham options were sold out, but we were looking into Dave driving to Atlanta asap and catching a flight from there.  We talked for a few minutes to finalize our decision and decided to go for it.  I went to book the flight, and... it was gone.  I frantically called the 1-800 number thinking they may be able to grab the flight.  I got an agent on the phone, but she said there was nothing left for ATL.  I said, "well, try BNA (Nashville).  He'll be driving from Birmingham anyway."  She said, "Did you say Birmingham?  I have ONE seat left on a direct to Phoenix!"  I said, "I'll take it!"  And one hour later, Dave was leaving for the airport!  He's scheduled to arrive at 3:00pm today.  I may be an die-hard Alabama fan, but after all this, I sure hope Auburn wins!  (p.s. of course, i canceled the SW ticket; we'll use that for another trip.)

Scene from the boarding gate

No comments: