After a nice, long weekend it was hard to get back to the grind today. My flight was a little later than usual, so I allowed myself to just go to bed last night without packing up first. Big mistake.
I was in the security line reaching for my wallet, when I realized... I left it sitting on the desk at home. Because I usually arrive at the airport just a few minutes prior to boarding, there was no time for Dave to drive it to me. I asked the TSA guys for help, and guess what... they were super-nice. Just like they almost always are. Anyway, apparently you need 3 different types of identification to get through without a government ID. I had a picture badge from work and a piece of mail, but that was it. The TSA guy said he would have to "call me in." He pulled me aside in the little commons area they have at good ol' BHM, called a Homeland Security office and did a mini background check on me over the phone. It took about 5-8 minutes, but after giving them my full legal name, address, phone number, birth date, husband's name, husband's birth date, and states previously resided in, they let me through security! Strange they didn't just ask for my social security number.
Once I got through security, I was relieved. When I got to the gate, they hadn't even started boarding yet! Then it hit me. I keep my corporate apartment keys in the zipper compartment of my wallet. I really didn't want to sleep on anyone's couch tonight! I thought that I could just get a hotel room if I had to, but then I realized I didn't have ID or a way to pay it! Of course, later it hit me that the apartment complex would likely just loan me a spare key.. which they did. So, Dave is overnighting the essentials out of my wallet...
While all of this was going on, Dave was overseeing the installation of our new dishwasher! Yea, no more unexpected puddles of water on the floor! No more gross, streaky dishes! I think all the other 20 year old appliances are jealous of their new fancy-pants "stainless steel" neighbor. Sadly for them, they'll have to wait until there's more room in the budget for more upgrades!


No comments:
Post a Comment