So, the other morning I had just settled in to begin work a little before 8am. I look out the window and see a car driving slowly by our house and then stop and park. I'm wondering if it's the bug guy or something. Then, this young woman gets out and starts heading toward the house. I think to myself that I'm glad I actually put on clothes this morning; to be perfectly honest, I normally work all day in my pajamas!! (why not??)
Anyway, I yell to Dave in the kitchen, to STAY in the kitchen because he IS still in his PJs! So, the girl rings the doorbell, and I answer. She is dressed in yellow rainboots (it has been raining lightly all morning), short hiking shorts, and a linen buttondown shirt with the sleeves rolled up. She is blonde with her hair in a braid. THEN, she opens her mouth... YES, the woman has a strong European accent, she says, "Hello, my name is Helen. I apologize for my accent; I'm from (somewhere) in Northern Europe. I'm on summer break from my university in Europe and doing an internship selling books."
The scene is just hilarious. I'm thinking, "oh, man, what is poor Dave thinking as he's overhearing all of this from the kitchen!" This is my first door-to-door experience, so I cave and invite the adorable girl inside. I let her do her spiel, and at one point, it comes out that Dave is a stay-at-home Dad - she says, "should we invite your husband to join us?" I say, "no, I think he's ok."
Anyway, I manage to decline the book offer (they were really goofy looking), and send her out the door. I yell to Dave, "ok, you can come look now!" And we watch her walk back to her car and leave the house.
Wish you could have heard this girl; it was like a scene out of a National Lampoon's movie! And, by the way, Dave says that if he had been home alone, he would not have invited her inside! Hmm.... : )
2 comments:
OH my Gosh Court. This had to be the same girl that showed up at our house one night around 9PM! IT was just as funny. Alex was in his "pj's" in the kitchen too! We were all yelling at each other b/c I wasn't going to open the door to some stranger at night. I had to run and get Al some real clothes so he could deal with her!! She had the accent and everything!!
WOW - TOO FUNNY! I swear i did not give her yall's name!!
Post a Comment