Thursday, December 11, 2008
Oh, Iowa...
I guess I've become a completely jaded road warrior. I haven't blogged or even sent my family any pix from my cellphone of the snow in Iowa that has been coming down for the past 2 weeks. It's pretty to look at for the first day, but then it's just a drag. It messes up your shoes, you have to be super-careful when walking in the parking lot, and worst of all, you have to plan extra time in the morning to scrape the windshield. This scraping business is for the birds. I don't know how people live every winter of their entire lives scraping their cars most mornings and evenings. God bless 'em. Anyway, so this is life outside of my apartment building in Iowa. It's funny to leave Bham and then land where it's just white covering all those corn fields!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Courtney, I agree with you. I grew up in MN, scraped windshields, plugged in cars, and froze my butt off. I think it took me 10 years to thaw out. Keep Warm!!
Oops...Mel and Ellen are here visiting and I didn't realize Mel was logged in.
Shawna
Ha, sorry sweetie! But welcome to my world...snow sucks. That's why we fight over covered parking and garages. Hang in there! You've only got till March when it thaws :)
I don't envy you at all Courtney! That is why I moved from Illinois five years ago...snow is terrible unless you are skiing on it!
I agree, snow sucks. Check your fridge, make sure you got bread and milk. Ha ;-)
Post a Comment