Lawson is becoming a regular at Grandmother and Grandfather Long's. He and Dave have been down there since last Tuesday (coming home today) since a friend of Dave's was coming into town to visit at the family cabin. I went down for the weekend and visited my boys. Dave said he's been trying to get Lawson to try some new foods, and he's had mixed results. He said he ate Rice Krispy cereal with milk from a spoon one morning, but of course, Lawson refused it the next! He ate a whole banana for me this weekend too. He continues to love his Daddy's pizza. He was eating the Gerber meat sticks really good, but has recently decided he doesn't like those anymore. We got some actual Vienna Sausages (g-ross!) for him - I sliced it up and not surprisingly, he refused it. He did, however, reach for one of the whole sausages and ate that. He ate about 2 whole sticks and then began taking about 2 bites and then reaching for a new stick. With this approach, it got pretty messy, but at least he ate good. Oh, another thing, he learned to drink from a straw this weekend! I was so happy bc it makes it so much easier to give him a quick swallow of water at lunch or dinner. Lawson's also beginning to repeat words a little better now. He says "UH-OH" and "ICE" (he loves ice!) He still says "What's this?" about 1000 times a day! He loves to dance too. He has a dump truck with buttons that play "tough guy" music and he loves to bounce up and down when he plays this over and over everyday. He encourages everyone to dance with him too! He likes to chime in on "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" now. He usually catches the "How I wonder.." part. He's also beginning to play "pretend" some too. He loves to "water" everything with a small watering can - even the car! Also, I think just to spite us, he pretends to eat with either a spoon or just his fingers. It's so cute!
Our snap camera is broken, so I'm using the cell phone pictures Dave sent to me while I was working in DC.



2 comments:
I can't wait to hear him talk. We can't wait to see him. One one more week to go!!!
Great update, Courtney!
Post a Comment