Friday, June 27, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go!

Okay, here's a pretty major family update... we've transitioned Dave and Lawson back to Alabama, and I started flying back and forth to DC this week. My project is not over until the end of July (and, no, I don't know where I'm going next), but we decided to go ahead with the move because we had obligations in Alabama for the next 3 weeks. So, we rented a little U-haul, which we thought would be mostly empty, but was, of course, packed full! Dave drove all our stuff back to Bham, while me & Lawson flew home last weekend. My Mom and Dad picked us up from the airport (of course, we were 2 hours delayed) last Friday, and we went home with them since Dave wasn't going to arrive in Bham until Sunday. We loved being in Berry even if Lawson did break out from the scrambled eggs! I don't have any pictures bc our small camera is broken!

I flew back to DC on Sunday (are you keeping all this straight?), and on Monday of this week, my Mom brought Lawson to Dave, and Dave and Lawson came down to Lake Martin for the 2008 Lowe Family Cabin Trip! (The Lowe's have 3 children; 2 girls and 1 boy. Ages 9, 5?, and 1.) Lawson has actually spent most of his time, however, with his Grandmother Long at their cozy condo. He's staying with her all week, and it sounds like things have gone great! They've had a great time playing together, and no break outs yet! You'll see pictures below at the family Cabin, the Willow Point country club pool, and at Mel & Ellen's house. I just got here last night, so I've not made into any of the pictures yet. Next up - we're going to the beach next week with the Lawson family!












Wow - He looks a lot like my baby pictures here!

3 comments:

Celebration Longs said...

Great pictures! It looks like Lawson was having a great time. I was about to comment on how I think Lawson is starting to look a little different now. Maybe not so much like Dave. Wish we were there with you all! I will be thinking of you as you fly back and forth each week.

Kim Lawson said...

Awww, he looks soooo cute in the outfit we got him for his birthday!

Joy said...

They are all great pictures but I really love the picture of Law and Mel ,waving, in the swing.