Monday, April 7, 2008

Growing, eating and climbing

Lawson is 11 months old today! It is so hard to believe how much he has changed in such a short period of time. He seems to have new tricks every week or so and now his first birthday is right around the corner.

His 9 month sleepers are all starting to wear out at the toes. We do get a LOT of use out of these outfits.


For awhile, we were having trouble getting Lawson to eat anything besides just average baby food. He wouldn't even eat plain chicken. Well, one day I made some barbeque chicken for myself and decided to see if Lawson would like some. He LOVED it. He also likes to take sips of mom's iced tea. Iced tea and barbeque? I guess he is gonna be a southern boy.



Lawson's inner monkey has also been coming to light lately. Just standing up and walking wasn't enough. He wants to keep climbing higher and higher. First it was the tray on his high chair. Well, its not so much of a high chair. Its supposed to attach to a dining room chair. We don't have any dining room chairs in our apartment up here so we just strap him in and sit on the floor to feed him. Now its a step.


As if just climbing on the high chair wasn't enough. I was working on this very blog the other day and when I looked up, this is what I saw! I apologize for the quality of the photo. It was taken with my cell phone. I wasn't sure where the camera was and I wanted to get a picture before he climbed off (er, or fell off.) He made a less-than-graceful dismount a short time later. I'm glad I got the shot. For the record, we don't keep the tray on the high chair anymore. It only took us a few days to figure that out.

5 comments:

Raegan & Caleb said...

Looks like you'll need to keep an eye on him. :)

Joy said...

Great update Dave! Our baby is turning into a little boy.
His Uncle Brady was a climber at that age.
MeMe

Courtney said...

Love the little toe picture! Wow, he's busy!!...and SO cute. Can't wait to meet you all next month!

Anonymous said...

Dave, you do such a great job with the blog and keeping us all updated! I'm not family - Courtney & Lisa's Mom + Ava & Livi's grandmother, so it's fun to watch Lawson grow. And trust me, I just went to Dallas for Livi's 1st birthday - and she EATS! She also likes Texas Bar-b-que - and basically anything she can get her hands on! We went to breakfast, and I ask if Courtney has toys for her - she said basically Livi just eats, and doesn't need toys!!! It looks like you have a lot of fun with Lawson - enjoy!

Celebration Longs said...

I love the picture of Lawson climbing! I can't wait to see him next week for Steven's baptism!!!