Thursday, February 28, 2008

Studio pictures of Lawson

Thanks to a very generous gift from Courtney's mom (to Courtney for her 30th bday) of studio lights, we decided to put up some studio materials in the loft. It was a nice little construction project that only took a day. The best part is the back drops that now tuck away nicely in the rafters after use. It only took about 30 minutes to bring the studio down and put together for the shoot and 30 minutes to put away. It takes about that long to set up lights in a real studio anyway. Here are some outtakes of our very first session. Of course, Lawson is the subject.


In uncle Josh's chair


Next to the high chair that my brothers and I learned on when we were young. My parents refurnished it. Its also a rocking chair and, believe or not, a stroller -- although we use other things for those functions.


In my office chair which stayed in my parents garage for 30 years and they helped me restore about 10 years ago. You can see on the upper corners where I learned back and busted my a** a couple of months ago, breaking the back. I'll have to photoshop that out for the prints. I don't need to be reminded of being fat, lazy and uncoordinated all in the same photo. Besides, I love that chair. My mom made the coat when we were children and the buttons are from Dad's old Army uniform from his days in 'Nam.



If the way he took to this prop said anything about Lawson's musical future, he's not going to be a musician. Maybe its just too early to tell.


Awwww. Nakee nakee Lawson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Great job, Dave. Of course, you always do a great job! My fav is the "nakee pic".

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some lights and the backdrop. So does this mean we aren't doing any more sessions at my place? I will miss our day long sessions!!!

Anonymous said...

Kim - your studio set-up inspired me to get our act together with the lights, etc! thanks!!