Last night Dave and I decided it was time to move Lawson from the cradle (which Andrea let us borrow) in our room to his big crib in the nursery AND try to see if he would soothe himself to sleep instead of me waiting until he was out of it before putting him down. I was sad to see this day come and was weepy all evening, but also excited that we were taking steps to - hopefully - one day sleep more at night.
Overall the night went really well. I think Lawson was so sleepy when I first put him down that he talked to himself for a few minutes and then was fast asleep. He did, however, wake up several more times whimpering, but he calmed himself each time and went back to sleep! He even skipped his usual midnight feeding! At 2:00am he was ready to eat though. I can't really remember what happened after 2:00, but I know he woke up at 5:00 to eat again. I put him back in bed and he slept until about 6:30. Dave got him up for the day then while I slept.
We're pretty tired today because we watched the monitor most of the night and each checked on him a few times (you know, to make sure he was still breathing), so we're taking it easy this afternoon. We'll try the same routine this evening and see how it goes. Hopefully we will make it to church tomorrow! : )
1 comment:
We moved Olivia across the hall when she was about 2 months old. It wasn't long after that that she started sleeping through the night all by herself. Hopefully Lawson will make it easy for you and Dave.
Post a Comment