Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back on Track!

Got a good update from my doctor this morning!  She said I was measuring right at 37 weeks (instead of 2 weeks ahead like last week), so it's less likely that the baby is getting too big too fast -yea!  We're still going to do an ultrasound next week to get an estimate on the weight, but assuming she's pacing normally on her weight, we can hopefully avoid any interventions.  My body is beginning to make some progress toward labor - about 1cm dilated.  This is just where I was with Lawson at 37 weeks.  At 38 weeks, I hadn't made much further progress, but then I went into labor at 39 weeks.  My doctor did comment this morning, "you had a really long labor last time, but it should be much easier this time."  (Yes, I'd say 3 hours of pushing was a little extreme!)

No comments: