Tuesday, January 24, 2012

37 Weeks!

Hard to believe, but we are in the final countdown!  When I went to the doctor last week, she said I was measuring 2 weeks ahead.  She said this could just be the way the baby was laying, but if I'm still measuring ahead this week, she'll want to do an ultrasound next week to see how big the baby is.  She doesn't want the baby to get bigger than about 7.5lbs.  She said she may recommend inducing labor to manage the weight of the baby.  I tried to be calm in her office, but I wasn't too happy to hear that.  I was thinking to myself on the way home, "If we have to induce, maybe I'll try to go without an epidural to reduce the chances of c-section."  Haha - I'm pretty sure that's just wishful thinking.  I've found myself about to jump out of my skin a few times this week with pressure and contractions.  I go back on Tuesday morning, so maybe we'll get a better report. 

Overall, though, I'm still feeling good for the most part.  I think I'm feeling better this time in the home stretch than I did with Lawson.  I'm just now getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and my feet have swollen up a little a couple of times last week.  My weight is about the same as when I had Lawson.  I think I've gained about 20lbs so far.  I think I gained about 25 total with Law.  Also, the baby is having hiccups now that I can feel, and I find myself pretty hungry at mealtimes lately.  Just tonight I found myself driving to Starbucks at 9:30pm for a snack... we're trying to make the most of our final days of "freedom!"

Below are some maternity photos my talented husband took today.  He asked me to look online to for pose ideas, so I did.  You should (or maybe you shouldn't) google "maternity photography."  Wow.  I did the same google search 5 years ago for preggo pictures with Lawson, and a lot has changed since then!  Naked women and their booties (and boobies) showing on almost all the websites!  I even saw a naked man's booty posing with his naked wife in one picture..oh my... still trying to burn that image out of my mind!  No neekid pictures here...



5 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Kim Lawson said...

Btw, most of those googled maternity pictures were probably taken around 7 to 7 1/2 months. You could pull off those neekid pictures at 9 1/2 months! :-)

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Absolutely beautiful! You are just glowing :)

And yes some maternity pictures are a bit too much.

Ohhh and Dave you did a great job! Can't wait to see baby pictures :)

hicksfamilycircus said...

So pretty! can't wait to meet little Pocket. ;o)

kimberly t. bowling said...

I just want to know how you got up out of the floor on that last shot?? :) Beautiful pics...hard to miss with you as subject....good job Dave!