Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rickwood Caverns

I wanted to have a family "adventure" this weekend, so we decided to visit Rickwood Caverns just North of Birmingham on Saturday.  We had to wait about 45 minutes for the next tour, so Lawson (and Dave) played on the playground.  The underground cave tour took about an hour.  The cave was about 60 degrees, so it was a nice alternative to the 100 degree weather we've been having!  When we first got into the cave Lawson enthusiastically narrated for everyone for the first 20 minutes - he kept saying "I LOVE this cave!"  He did pretty good for the remaining time in the cave, but he was about ready to leave when Dave had to carry him up about 200 stair steps to get to the top! 



 

3 comments:

Joy said...

Sounds like fun. Do you remember going to Rickwood Caverns when you were about 8?

Courtney said...

I told Dave I thought I had been there once before, but I couldn't remember how old I was.

ms sue said...

This sounds like some of the adventures that your mom and I used to get into with yall. But I missed the Rickwood Caverns trip - not responsible for that one!!