Monday, December 7, 2009

Long Update!

I'm behind on my posting, so I've got lots of pictures below. Hope you enjoy!

On a side note, how about that Tide!! We were so thrilled and excited while watching the game; it's good to be a winn'a again!! I'll tell you what though, I'd trade all the national championships in the world if Lawson could grow up to be the man that Tim Tebow appears to be. While I was so very happy for Bama, my heart hurt to see him teary-eyed on the sidelines. He's a class act and a great Christian example for young boys. He is victorious on God's team that's for sure.

Speaking of athletes, ol' Tiger Woods sure showed us what's he's made of, didn't he? I was so greatly disappointed. Our family has cheered him on many Sunday afternoons. Certainly God's grace can cover all sins, but good ol' Lefty (Phil Mickelson) will have to be our golf hero.

I pray Tim Tebow will forever be true to his values despite the unbelievable pressures of fame and fortune. I also hope BAMA GOES ALL THE WAY!! ROLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!

3 comments:

Michele-Team Mom said...

Court, I really argree with and applaud you on your comments regarding Tebow. He is such a class act. I couldn't agree with all you said about him more.

Michele-Team Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimberly t. bowling said...

I second that motion...or third it, after Michele. I can only hope my boys model after him as well...not just in football (although you just don't see many Tebows, ever) but primarily in their Christian walk.

And seeing him cry didn't make me upset/mad/glad...but rather made this mother's heart ache for him, as I know it did his mom. You know they said after a game, whatever verse he wears on his eye black is googled like crazy...
I'd say that just shows the football field can be a mission field. Whether they like him, love him or hate him...he's engaging them in God's word if they are reading it because of his eye black.

Great post...and congrats on your team winning the SEC.