Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Great Pumpkin Patch!

We went to a pumpkin patch about an hour North of Birmingham last Saturday to celebrate Josh's Birthday and to get little Lawson a pumpkin for Halloween! Mom and Dad brought a picnic lunch and we ate out in the hay field. We had to dodge the ants a few times, but lunch was good and we had fun time. After lunch, we headed to pumpkin patch! This was no ordinary pumpkin patch... it had hay rides, live music, a petting zoo (sorry, Lawson, mommy says no touching the dirty animals - no offense, lisa), a train, and blow-up bouncers! Lawson really enjoyed himself... he mostly loved playing in the dirt though! The farm was really pretty and the weather was great. I would definitely recommend it - http://www.greatpumpkinpatch.com/

Getting on the hay ride!


Notice how clean he is...



This is FRAAANKIIIEEE JOE!!

(you could hear his mama a mile away. you might be a redneck...)
Uncle Josh volunteers to help the ladies
Law finds the dirt. Good boy, Law.
"I'll just help you to your car lil' lady.."
More dirt...





cutie pie!
dirty booty!



taking our punkins home

so much for his new shoes!
trying to get a family pic
awww..

dancin'

please, mommy??
Uncle Josh lets me sit up high!
We love Uncle Josh!!
Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

The Cannons said...

He is sooo adoreable, Courtney!

Garvey said...

mommy says no touching the dirty animals - no offense, lisa

Did you just call your friend Lisa a dirty animal???

;-)

Seriously, though, petting zoos are best when they have the hand sanitizing stations nearby. There was an e coli outbreak (or the like) from a petting zoo here in Charlotte. Now all of them have the hand sanitizer everywhere.

You're also undergoing a phenomenon known as "first child syndrome." The first one can't touch anything, must be kept from all dangers, etc. By the time the second or third rolls around, most parents just shrug their shoulders at that point. Example: when you see a mom out and her baby drops his or her pacifier on the ground and the mom cursorily wipes it off on her pants and sticks it back in the kid's mouth: THAT is a mom with a whole mess of kids right there.

;-)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea who "garvey" is, or the validity of his parental skillzzzzz......however, Court, I would just like to take this moment to say "DITTO" to what he said concerning FCS phenomenon.

And furthermore, Mr. Garvey, I am one of those mothers who(in past years) wiped the paci with my pants or if I thought it needed a better "cleansing", I may or may not have been known to wash it by putting it in my mouth first.

But I'm not necessarily saying I DID ACTUALLY do that.....but if I did,.... my oldest is 11, still alive, and doing well....no reprecussions that I am aware of at this point. ;-)

Much love to you Court!

Kim Lawson said...

I don't know Garvey either, but I am so loving his commentary!! And of course, I always get a kick reading anything Kim Bowling has to say!!

Anonymous said...

garvey (aka. jon pyke) is dave's childhood friend from indiana. he took extra pictures at our wedding.

Garvey said...

The FCS thing worked quite well in my favor growing up, too. My older brother and sister (twins) got the full brunt of all the strict rules. By the time I came around, my folks were quite lax. Just didn't have the gumption anymore.

And for the record, we have an only child. So like the old Hair Club commercial, "I am not just the president, but I'm also a member." Meaning, I am definitely NOT casting aspersions but truly commiserating from my own experience! ;-)

No worries, Courtney: "Don't touch that," and "go wash your hands" and "use some of this hand sanitizer" are big players in my lexicon. It gets easier. Or so I'm told. ;-)

Celebration Longs said...

I love the picture of Lawson sitting on the pumpkin!!!

Mizerany Family said...

Cute photos and it sounds like a great day at that patch.

Lisa said...

Ha ha! No offense taken at the dirty animal comment - whether you were speaking to me or about Lawson ;) You just tell Lawson to come to my place when he wants to ride the horses and roll in the manure.

As for the FCS - ask my sister! She thinks she made Ava OCD, she got jelly on her hand one time and freaked out because it was "ewww, diiiiirty!".

But I do wash my hands after touching the animals, too. I also am the second child, and eat my sandwich if I drop it on the barn floor.

Pumpkin pics are adorable!!

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish we had ran into each other. It is amazing how often we are in the same place at the same time and don't see each other.

And don't feel bad Olivia didn't get to enjoy the petting zoo either. We over heard the person collecting the money warning some parents not to let the children touch a certain animal because it bites. We took that as our sign that it wasn't a good idea.