Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lily's Sleep Update

After we got home from the Lawson family beach trip and then our Fourth of July week at the Lake, I was on a mission to get Lily in a better place with sleep!  First step, I quit feeding her except once per night.  The first couple of nights were tough, but she adapted pretty quickly.  Next, I took her pacifier away at night because everytime it fell out, she woke up crying at night.  I was, and still am, convinced this was her main problem, but this also made for very tough nights!  I'm not sure how I managed to get up and work full-time that week, but I did.  After a few days, she had broken her pacifier habit!  She was falling asleep on her own and only waking up once per night!!  I noticed that after I took the pacie away, she tried extra hard to get her arms out from her swaddle, so lastly, I freed her from the swaddle.  Once I did that, it took just a few days and she was sucking her thumb like a champ!  I'm happy to report that although she still wakes up once/night and usually again at 5:30am, it's still SO much better than it was! 

No comments: