Who knew there was so much to see from the window seat?
Monday, June 20, 2011
Seat with a View
Last Thursday when I was traveling home from Tucson, Arizona, I wound up in a window seat. I never sit by the window. I like the bit of extra space and freedom the aisle offers. Anyway, I was very lucky to catch this flight, so I was just happy to be on board and not in a middle seat. I had a my shade down while we were waiting to take off when I heard this very loud plane either land or take off. It was so loud I figured the plane must have just gone over us. In a few minutes, the same thing happened. This is fairly unusual because, as you might imagine, it's somewhat dangerous to be in the path of a 747, so being in the window seat, I opened my shade to see what was going on. Little did I know a 747 had not just landed or taken off, but rather a series of F-15 fighter jets were taking off and they were LOUD. I got to see 6 jets take off, and it was really cool! Since my window shade was already up, I left it that way, and a while later I got a view of the Arizona wildfires. See the white smoke over the black area...
Who knew there was so much to see from the window seat?
Who knew there was so much to see from the window seat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had no idea you didn't like the window seat...or didn't prefer it. In my mind I guess I think everyone always wants to fight over it...or maybe that's just Temple. :)
Post a Comment