We had a really nice Memorial Day weekend... I just wish I would have had my camera with me! We were in a rush after church on Sunday to get down to the lake to visit with Mel and Ellen, and we just forgot it.
Anyway, Mel and Ellen were having their supper club over to their house Sunday evening, so we went down to join the party! We had a great time, and despite Lawson's "terrible two/three's," he was pretty good too. At one point, he was playing the piano and singing with the gentleman that sang Ave Maria and How Great Thou Art at our wedding - Sam Timberlake. Sam has an amazing voice who has been onstage at NYC's Lincoln Center, so believe me, I was SOOO mad at myself for not having my camera!!
As most of your know, the weather for Memorial Day was kind of a bust, but we managed to get in a boat ride before the storm. After the rain, we took Lawson up to the driving range to practice with his new golf clubs. Dave bought him actual clubs in an actual golf bag - it's the cutest thing! We wouldn't have gone to this expense (the set only has 3 clubs) except that Lawson is actually pretty good for a three year old! He can connect with the ball on most shots - better than I can do! The best part for Lawson was going over the grille at the club afterward to sit belly up to the bar and order popcorn and frozen yogurt! I hope he realizes how good he's got it!
No comments:
Post a Comment