Guess what I saw today at 30,000 feet today????? YES, around 9:04est, I saw the Discovery Space Shuttle returning to Earth out of my airplane window over Orlando, FL!! It was really cool - goosebumps and everything!
The pilots announced that Air Traffic Control said we should be seeing the shuttle out of the left side of the plane, and sure enough about 5 minutes later we did! It wasn't immediately clear that's what it was because although it was level with our plane, it was still far away. The white tail was really big and you could make out the black bottom of the shuttle.
Really cool!
5 comments:
That is COOL!!
I am so jealous. I missed it this morning.
I am sooooo going to see one launch before this year is over!
Mom
That is very cool! I didn't even hear the boom...guess I was busy teaching.
Enjoy your week in the Sunshine State!
I saw it today too, Courtney. It was awesome! I still get goosebumps thinking about it!
Awesome! What a memory!
Post a Comment