It's been way too long since I've blogged, but I'm trying to catch up. Last week and weekend with Lawson was probably like none other we've had. He was truly in pain from his surgery and certainly not acting like himself. He hated the medicine he needed to take, and we had to literally hold him down to get him to take it. Even then he would spit it out. I took the medicine back to the pharmacy to have them add flavoring which helped some. On top of that, I've never seen him act out and behave so poorly. He was also waking up every couple of hours during the night crying out. I knew Dave had had a very rough week, so I sent him down to Orlando to visit his brother and get away from the house and get some sunshine. Bless his heart, I had booked him flight using miles on Thursday morning to leave Friday, but by the time I got home Thursday night from work, Delta had canceled his flight because of the anticipated two inches of snow! We just decided he would drive, so he took off Thursday night. (Thank you so much to Shawna and Ken for taking him in with less than 24 hours notice - on Valentine's weekend no less!) Mel and Ellen helped during the week with Dave, and Mom and Dad stayed with me all weekend. We could not have done this without them!
Fortunately, Lawson is feeling MUCH MUCH MUCH better, and he's even asking to eat! I don't know if he's making up for lost time or what, but we are thrilled! We have our sweet little boy back, and we are so happy about that!
2 comments:
Glad he's doing better!
Glad to hear Lawson is doing much better also!! We loved having Uncle Dave visit us. Steven had fun playing with him and he was quite the chef on Valentine's Day, which was a treat for me! Wish you and Lawson could have joined us too!
Post a Comment