We aren't officially trying to potty train Lawson, but he did poopy in the potty for the first time yesterday! We've been talking about the "potty" with Lawson for the past few weeks, and talking about how his cousin, John Brady, uses the potty like a big boy. Lately, Lawson has been running behind the couch to do his business, and when he did this again yesterday I just asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty. He said ok, so I quickly ran to the bathroom, and he did it! Dave and I clapped and danced for him. Lawson thought it was great! I caught him again later in the day, and he did it again! (Although this time, he had already started so... I'll spare you the details.)
Anyway, I've read that boys especially are "ready" to begin training when they become uncomfortable with having a dirty diaper. Lawson seems quite content with his dirty diapers, so we're not going to push it for now.
At any rate... yeaaaaa Lawson!! : )
3 comments:
Boys do have their own schedule. When he's ready, you will know!! Good Luck.
I hope you guys have really good luck with the potty training! Lily Grace is just not too interested. She always tells me when she just did it but she will NOT do it on the potty. She pooped in the potty about a month ago for the first time but frecked out about it like she did something bad. I think she is scared to release anything without the diaper on like it is her sercurity. Because she will sit and sit on the potty and then as soon as I put the diaper back on, she lets it go! I have tried really hard not to push her. I just hope she is potty trained by October before Cooper gets here! I guess they will do it when they are ready. Good Luck to Lawson!!!
Good luck guys!
Post a Comment