Monday, April 6, 2009
Suitcase Sleigh!
Dave got home Sunday morning, but unfortunately his golf clubs didn't make it home with him. Southwest assured him they were not "really" lost, and they would deliver them soon. So, Dave left the airport and came home to unpack his suitcase. It's actually my suitcase. It's a special suitcase. I bought it with "my own money" shortly after I started working for Stockamp 9 years ago. It's a "Tumi" - the luggage of the serious business traveler. I thought I was SO hip for having a suitcase just like my boss's, boss's, boss's, boss. It even has my initials on the front! For a long time, I wouldn't even left Dave use my special suitcase. And, back then, I didn't call it a suitcase, it was "the Tumi." But, times goes on, and I realize it is just a suitcase, so I've started letting Dave use it. (Although, I do still yell at him when he stuffs it full, as that's how suitcase zippers get broken! And, truth be told, I think I would cry if something happened to my suitcase that has traveled with me far and wide all these years.) Anyway, Dave took my prized suitcase with him on his trip, and returned it safely. Once he was unpacked, he left if on the bed. When Lawson came upstairs for a bath last night, I let him run around naked for just a few minutes. He ran into our bedroom, and I was a few steps behind. When I came in, he was in my Tumi, naked! He was riding it like a sleigh! It was so cute; I yelled downstairs for Dave to get the camera, but Law had jumped out before we could find the camera. When I walked over closer, I was shocked to find my son had tee-teed in the Tumi!! I had to laugh! I guess this is what Lawson thinks about Mommy traveling so much! He's like little Calvin on the back of all those trucks urinating on "Chevy!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!!!! Maybe he was "marking" you for when you are away! Maybe he wanted everyone to know that you are his, all his!!
Tee-tee in the Tumi. Bet you never dreamed 9 years ago that would happen!
From: Rachel Moon
What a riot! I couldn't help but have a good laugh at the expense of the Tumi!
Ha ha ha...
Ok I will admit I do not know what a Tumi is other than a suitcase but this made me smile for sure! Gotta love those kidos!!
I still don't know what a Tumi is -- just that I have to be reeeeeally careful with it.
Great story. Wonderfully set up with how great the Tumi is, etc.
Kids change our priorities quickly. What we think is great is merely a whiz repository to them.
Where was Elmo?????
Lana, I am so glad you are there to keep reminding me of Elmo's scheme to frame my grandson! I bet Elmo was hiding upstairs.
MeMe
Post a Comment