Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dave!

I'm so proud of Dave for many reasons, but most of all for being a wonderful father to Lawson and Lily.  He always takes Lawson to Sunday School and church, even when Lily and I can't make it.  He's committed to reading the Bible, cover to cover, this year, and this week he's volunteering with our week-long vacation bible school at church.  He spends quality (and quantity) time with Lawson that I know will stay with Lawson for a lifetime and shape the father he will be someday.  Their afternoons swimming at the Y, going bowling, going hiking, and hitting balls at the driving range will always be fond memories.

Today we're celebrating his birthday with a lunch his parents are bringing over to the house and tonight Dave and I are going on our very first Date Night together!  We're going to Hot and Hot Fish Club - a restaurant owned by Chris Hastings who was named 2012's Best Chef in the South by the James Beard foundation.  Should be a yummy food day!  


Remember this??

Happy Birthday, Dave!
We love you!!

1 comment:

Kim Lawson said...

Happy Birthday Dave!! Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day and night!!


Seeing little Lawson in that picture makes me realize even more how different he and Lily looked at that age!!