During dinner tonight, out of the blue, Lawson said, "Mom, why are the Jonas brothers bad?" I'm thinking - Jonas Brothers?? WHERE did he hear about those guys?? Please don't let pop culture already be invading my sweet little boy!
He says it again. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how he heard this. I ask if he heard someone talking about the JB during the birthday party he attended this afternoon or at school. He says no.
He asks again why Jonas brothers were bad.
I think some more....then, I say..."Ooohh, are you talking about JONAH? Jonah and the Whale?" (We've been reading Bible stories lately.) He says, "no, Mom! Why were his brothers bad?"
Brothers...brothers...brothers..."Ooohh... you mean JOSEPH!" You want to know why Joseph's brothers were bad. Joseph with his coat of many colors whose brothers sold him into slavery into Egypt."
"Yes, Mom. I meant Joseph. Why were his brothers bad?"
Ah. Mystery solved. Now, I just have to try to explain why those brothers were so bad....
1 comment:
Olivia has had a few questions about bible stories she has heard at school too. I have even had to ask her teachers exactly which story was told when she has the story all mixed up. So far she has been satisfied with very simple answers. Good Luck in explaining those "mean" brothers. At least you can focus on how Joseph forgave them in the end :)
Post a Comment