Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Spirit of Christmas

Last night while I was giving Lawson a bath I thought I would "try" to explain what is going to happen logistically regarding Christmas later this week.  So, anyway, it went like this...

Courtney:  Lawson, we are going to MeMe's house on Friday which is the night before Christmas, and we are going to open presents there.  And then we'll wake up and...."

Lawson interrupted..."but Mommy, we already opened our presents!"

Courtney (stumped): "What presents, Lawson?  What are you talking about?"

Lawson: "Umm..umm...I can't think of that lady's name.  You know... that lady.  Oh, Aunt Linda!  We already opened presents at Aunt Linda's house." 

Courtney (laughing): "Ohhh.. well, we're also going to open presents at MeMe's house.  MeMe is going to get you a present."

Lawson: "I need some money, Mama.  MeMe will give me some money."

Courtney (laughing): "Lawson, what do you need money for?"

Lawson: "To give to the kids."

Courtney: "What kids?"

Lawson: "The kids I picked out.  I'm going to give their parents some money so they can buy food for their kids."

Courtney, amazed and teary-eyed, thinks about the two five-year-old children from India that Lawson helped pick out several days ago from Compassion International for our family to sponsor.  Children understand and remember so much more than we realize.  : )

7 comments:

Raegan & Caleb said...

How sweet to think of others. And to remember the children from India.

kimberly t. bowling said...

Precious soul.

Joy said...

MeMe sure will give that baby boy some money!

Linda Lawson said...

Precious!! Love you all!!

The Cannons said...

Too sweet!:)

Mizerany Family said...

very sweet....

Kyler, Jennifer, Olivia and Lucy said...

What a wonderful thing to do and what a beautiful little giving heart he has :)