Saturday, November 21, 2009
Wanna Watch TeeBee!
About 3:00am this morning, Lawson called out from his crib... "I wan' my DA-ddy, I wan' my DADDY!" I went into check on him, and he was standing up, wide-awake in his crib. I picked him up intending to rock him for a little while, but he was reaching out toward the door and said he wanted to sleep in our bed. I thought this was a little strange because he never "wants" to sleep in our bed (he loves his crib!) But, it was 3am, so headed to our bed no questions asked. We got almost there when Lawson suddenly said, "Where's Meme? I wan' Meme." (Mom came up and spent Thursday night to help us with sickly Lawson.) I said MeMe was at her house and kept moving toward our room. I lay Lawson down between me and Dave and no sooner than I do, he says, "I wanna watch teebee." (With him being sick this past week, several nights we've been awake around the 3 o'clock hour and allowed him to watch television.) Ah-ha - I knew something was up... between him asking for DA-ddy AND MeMe over Mommy!! I told Lawson we weren't watching tv, so just turn over and go to sleep. He did for a few minutes, and then he proceeded to quietly crawl to the bottom of the bed and leave our room. Dave and I both just layed there for several seconds. In the silence of the 3am hour, Dave said... "He's going rogue." I couldn't help it - I busted out laughing. (Maybe you just had to be there, but I'm still laughing!) These are the days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL - I laughed out loud at this one, too.
If I wasn't so lazy to get out of my bed right now, I'd be ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING. But, alas, I am too lazy, so I just chuckled from the pillow.
Going Rogue. I love it. :)
Post a Comment